Ferguson's Career Guidance Center now has College Data
Posted by: Sue Polanka
Facts On File recently announced a content update to Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center database. New data provided by Peterson’s Nelnet, LLC, on more than 4,000 schools that offer two- and four-year degrees in the United States and Canada, is now searchable in Ferguson's.
Users can filter school search information in a variety of ways: by state or region, type of institution, admissions difficulty, intercollegiate sports, campus setting, campus housing, total undergraduate enrollment, tuition, faculty-to-student ratio, ACT composite score, SAT verbal score, SAT math score, or various areas of study. Updated twice yearly, this expanded and enhanced school search feature also allows users to print, email, and save searches and results for future use.
Other features of Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center include:
- NEW! Career Interest Assessment Tool: helps guide users to careers that dovetail with their interests and personalities. Based on O*Net® Interest Profiler™, it asks users to respond to a series of statements, ranks their interest areas, and provides hyperlinked lists of related industries and occupations
- Job and Industry Profiles: profiles of nearly 3,400 jobs and 94 industries, broken down into 16 Career Clusters created by the Department of Education
- Job-Hunting and Workplace Skills: guidance on getting a job and keeping it—establishing a career path, honing interview skills, writing résumés, and more
- Career and Industry Resources: more than 55,000 searchable, browsable resource entries, divided into convenient categories on fellowships, organizations, internships, scholarships, and awards
- Nearly 300 videos covering jobs, industries, and career development skills
- Advice from nationally renowned author and career expert Sue Morem for recent graduates, job seekers, and people advancing in the workplace
- “My Life” interviews with professionals, giving a firsthand perspective on exciting jobs
- Career Opportunities News, updated monthly
- “Did You Mean...?” search feature
- Persistent record links
- Examples of full citations in MLA, Chicago Manual of Style, and APA styles.